These photos provide a quick peek into my life from the past seven days. I am continuing to work on living my imagined life and appreciating all of the small things. If you would like to follow my photos, my username on Instagram is mrsmoon.
1. Easter lily from Josh’s mom. She, like many family members, supports my flower habit.
2. Easter egg dying round two. I found out that you can use lemon juice as a vinegar substitute in the dyeing process. (disclaimer: the colors will not be as vibrant)
3. My first attempt at deviled eggs, garnished with chives picked from our garden. My mom and dad hosted a fantastic Easter lunch with an exorbitant amount of food.
4. Alyssa and I perused three Goodwill locations on half off Saturday. I bought this citrus juicer. Now when recipes call for lemon juice, I no longer have to squeeze lemons with my fingers.
5. This week I learned how to make tiny flower arrangements in tea cups, yet another use for that stockpile of teacups I have.
6. Turquoise vintage Pyrex has been on my thrift hunt list for awhile now. I finally found a reasonable-ish priced dish and it matches our kitchen perfectly.
7. We have been kicked out of our house several times around dinner over the last couple weeks for showings. On Wednesday we walked over to Igloo Frozen Custard to have some burgers and fries while strangers roamed our home. Tonight we have two showings, so Outback is calling our name.
8. Coincidentally, both book clubs that I participate in picked nonfiction stories relating to WWII. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand, is the best book I have read in a long time. Louis Zamperini’s story is incredibly inspiring and I am motivated to learn more about WWII and the greatest generation.
9. Last weekend Josh and I went to see the Hunger Games. I liked the movie, but still recommend reading the book before seeing it.