Over the past week we squeezed in lots of Christmas joy with both of our families. On Christmas Eve we made a trip to gaze at a large light display in Rosemont, Illinois. Rosemont had a live nativity, complete with Christmas geese and a donkey.
1. I snapped photos with my phone while spinning underneath the Christmas lights. (It sort of looks like a sonogram, but that’s not the look I was trying to achieve.)
2. Gingerbread houses.
3. Family ice skating on Christmas Eve.
4. During week 16 of my happiness project, I told you that I wanted a rotary dial phone like Grandma Kregel’s. I received my very own rotary phone on Christmas. Now I just need a land line.
5. My mom has a stock pile of vintage wrap and gift tags. I will be sad when the supply runs out.
6. Pretty sunset on the 23rd.
7. We did not have a white Christmas. It was actually pretty warm by Indiana standards. (about 43 degrees F) However, the 27th of December was quite picturesque.
8. We went to see a movie at Hollywood Boulevard. It was a special treat. I think all theatres should serve margaritas.
9. All the stockings were hung by the chimney with care.