Week one of being unemployed was outstanding! I got to spend a lot of time with close family and friends and went on several adventures. I also had an interview to start volunteering at the hospital. As long as I pass my TB test today (cross your fingers) I am good to go. Next week should include a lot of projects. I am currently bribing my sister to help me tear down the red kilt-like wallpaper in our kitchen. (Hopefully a DVD player and some clothes will seal the deal)
From the top left:
1. I love weddings! We had a smashing time at our friends' wedding on our first anniversary. (I also enjoy fancy wedding cakes)
2. The day after our anniversary we had a celebratory cook out with family, complete with an additional sky lantern launch.
3. Despite my feeling that ’Friendship Bread' is a food safety disaster waiting to happen, it is delicious.
4. On Wednesday, Mom and I took a trip to Shipshewana, IN. It was fun being in Amish country and sifting through the junk at the flea market.
5. I got to see Grandma Kregel this week. She did not believe I quit my job. (Request to be her friend on Facebook to see all of her special antics: Annie Kregel)
6. On Monday, Mom and I made a pilgrimage to Ikea. I loved this fabric, but I'm not allowed to buy any more fabric until I learn how to sew.
7. 2011 is the year of the Zinnia, according to the National Garden Bureau. I quite enjoyed myself picking an armful of zinnias from my parents' field of flowers.
8. Hibachi grill for my sister-in-law's birthday
9. I found this urn at a garage sale for $4, flowers are compliments of my parents gardens.
linked: liferearranged, lifemadelovely