This was a good week! I made a trip north to say goodbye to my sister before she left for Costa Rica. On the way home I stopped to take a photo of part of a giant wind farm by our house. Other highlights from this week that I did not capture in photos: I got my sewing machine up and running! I can finally make use of all of the fabric I have been buying since I was sixteen years old in anticipation of this achievement : ) In addition, I submitted my application for grad school. Please send me positive thoughts and say some prayers for me.
While visiting, Alyssa and I picked a bouquet of zinnias and cosmos.
1. A picture of me and my house while doing some work in the flower garden.
2. Monday night into Tuesday morning I was trapped in Lowell by a thick blanket of fog. I wasn't encouraged to drive in it after just reading 'Pictures of You,' which included a fatal, foggy car crash.
3. Pretty, purple asters. An early birthday present from Aunt Lorraine.
4. Saint James Lutheran Church
5. Last Friday, Josh and I went on a gallery walk through all of the local shops.
6. Sunday morning Cracker Barrel.
7. Kale from Aunt Lorraine
8. I found a praying mantis while planting flowers. He looks giant compared to our neighbors' house.
9. I cannot get enough of these humongous roses from our garden.
This week's InstaChallenge was to take a photo of something I greatly dislike. These spiky weeds and I have been waging a war ever since we moved in.