I had big plans for this week. I had several adventures lined up to occupy my time while Josh was in New Jersey on business. Unfortunately, a nasty cold put a damper on a few of my plans and on a lot of my ambition. I spent most of the week in Lowell visiting family. These two giant bags of apples were one of my parting gifts. I see a lot of apple recipes in my future.
1. Road trip lunch break in Kalamazoo, MI. Alyssa and I bedazzled Mom.
2. Our final destination on the road trip was Frankenmuth, MI. We had dinner at Tiffany's. We enjoyed some greasy food, locals, and drinks.
3. My parents' kitten was quite amused with his image on the iPad. I was tempted to smuggle him home.
4. I found another branch of the library. It is located across the street from Lafayette's Full House set.
5. The main attraction in Frankenmuth was Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. We perused thousands and thousands of ornaments.
6. My sister brought me back this bracelet from Costa Rica. It is made out of a coconut shell. I also got some Costa Rican coffee. Thanks Alyssa!
7. I love Grandma Kregel's rotary dial phone. If we had a land line, I would try to find one for our house.
8. Wednesday night my sister cooked us dinner at Grandma's. Grandma promised to buy me a hat just like hers.
9. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
Despite the cold, this week has a very happy ending. I told you here about how I quit my job because it no longer felt like the right fit. Well, I potentially have a new job lined up. I should start in 2015. I was just accepted into Butler University's physician assistant masters program. In case you are wondering what a physician assistant does, Wikipedia can explain the profession here.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Mine will be filled with lots of celebration.