This was a fantastic week. Yesterday I drove down to Indianapolis to volunteer at Riley Children’s hospital. On the way, I saw the most beautiful sunrise and I snapped a barrage of iPhone photos. I love the way the farms and leafless trees look silhouetted against the colorful sky. Volunteering at Riley once a week has been a rewarding experience. Yesterday I got to hand out presents with Santa Claus to everyone on my floor and it was a lot of fun.
1. Free Coffee. Did you know that if you bring in your empty bag of Starbucks coffee beans, Starbucks will give you a free tall coffee?
2. Our backyard this morning, looking like Christmas.
3. My cousin introduced me to the hip2save website, which is full of awesome deals. This week I got free panko bread crumbs and had to figure out what to do with them. I made this chicken katsu recipe with tonkatsu sauce and it was delicious!
4. This is a big part of the reason why I am having a great week. I got a job at a flower shop. The owners are training me on floral design and I am loving it. This was my first arrangement on my first day.
5. Another photo of my favorite nisse.
6. I visited a local greenhouse filled with poinsettias. They were stunning! Instead of paying $16, I will probably head to Menards for the $3 version.
7. Ice cream is my favorite food and Josh keeps me well fed with a weekly delivery of DQ.
8. Have you heard of Flat Stanley? He arrived at our house yesterday and my mind is racing with all of the adventures we are going to take him on. One of our favorite elementary schoolers sent him to us. It is our job to take him places and document his travels with photos and a journal and then send him back.
9. I made the Diet Coke brownies you may have seen on Pinterest. They are quite tasty and less fattening.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!