I apologize for the blogging hiatus. My mom and I were on our third annual mother daughter trip. These iPhone photos provide a quick preview of our vacation. I intend to write a more lengthy post about our adventures later this week.
I will be going on another trip soon. If you are a blogger and feel interested in guest posting while I am off gallivanting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Crocuses blooming in Kentucky. (My crocuses just started blooming in Indiana too!)
2. Berea College. The concept of this liberal arts school is quite impressive. Students with limited resources from Appalachia attend Berea free of charge in exchange for work on campus.
3. Biltmore Estate. Asheville, North Carolina.
4. Charleston, South Carolina.
6. We dined on ginger pink grapefruit margaritas, fennel vichy topped with crab, fried artichokes and calamari with citrus aioli, bourbon braised beef short ribs with gechee boy grits, and finally a saltine cracker-caramel peanut butter pie. Mom and I helped cook the short ribs.
7. Drayton Hall.
8. Battery Row. Charleston, SC.
9. Charleston Waterfront Park. (I want a pineapple fountain in my yard!)