Carving pumpkins is my favorite part of Halloween. I usually use patterns to help execute my pumpkin masterpieces. They take a ridiculous amount of time, but it's only once a year and I got to watch several episodes of the Nate Show.
Two quick tips:
1.I use a ton of packaging tape to make sure the pattern doesn't move while I'm busy poking.
2. Once poking is complete, I give the pumpkin a quick rub down with flour. This makes the dotted line much easier to see.
Josh might love pumpkin seeds more than I enjoy carving.
Moon Cajun Pumpkin Seeds
- Soak pumpkin seeds in water for several hours.
- Boil seeds in a salt solution for ten minutes.
- Spread out on a baking sheet covered with foil.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, Cajun seasoning, and Tony's creole seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degress for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.